Thursday, January 29, 2009

Paris






Paris was the trip of a lifetime. I ended up going for my three week spring break during school with my friend Elise, and my mom, dad, and brother. One thing that made the trip was the place we stayed. It was literally almost across the street from the Louvre. The place we stayed felt like an apartment and had all of the furnishings of one. It was from this Web site called http://francetoyou.com the best part was it was about 116 dollars a night and had a full kitchen, a bedroom, and a pullout. It was in an apartment building with other permanent Parisian residents.

I thought that it was much more beautiful than London. On the other hand it didn’t feel nearly as safe. The French weren’t as rude as everyone said they would be but they got annoyed because we didn’t speak the same language.

We were  not there for very long, and I didn’t get the chance to explore the city that much but  I will give some hints.

1.     1. Do not take the bus from London to Paris. It was terrible hot, stuffy and let me tell you the bathroom had no light which meant complete darkness when you were going to the bathroom.

2.    2. The Louvre is a must, and would take days to explore.

3.    3.  Stay at one of the apartments through francetoyou.com, it is probably the cheapest and best way to go.

4.    4. Eat crepes and croque monsieur’s… mmm delicious

5.    5. Go to the Luxembourg Gardens

6.    6. Walk the stairs up the Eiffel Tower and if you are nervous about heights do not go to the very top. You will feel like you’re moving. It made me nervous. Very nervous I went down as quickly as I went up!

7.    7. Don’t get tricked by old men who tell you they found a gold ring. They will try to give it to you then ask for money it’s a scam!

8.    8. Drink lots of wine!!!

 

3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how much fun it would be going to Paris and seeing all those great sights and places. And $116 per night seems incredibly cheap for a destination like that! If I ever get a chance to go, I'll be sure to look up francetoyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had the ability to travel..... i havent gone out of state for anything in more then a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah it is definitely the way to go I have heard other good reviews of friends that have also stayed there. And if you ever get the chance to go traveling I highly recommend paris!

    ReplyDelete